12 January 2009

Movie Review : Australia

It's the beginning of the new year. this is my first movie of this new year. Before I start reviewing let me just say. If you have the money go for GSC Signature cinemas. It cost RM 18 and the seat a very comfortable. The screen is small so it looks like your very own private theater.

On to the review. This movie is a very long movie. 2 hours 45 mins long (3 if you count the trailers). Its actually part love story/part documentary about Australia and the aborigine people. Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman play the loving couple in this flick. It's kind of wired to see Wolverine in this environment (Im just waiting for him to pop a claw out). Let me give you a nutshell abou the story.

Girl comes to Australia guy helps him to herd cattle (that maybe the history of Australian beef; I dont know?). guy falls in love with girl. War, guy and girl seperated and eventually meet again. The end. In the middle of the story there is tale about this aborgine boy and his grandfather who has mistical powers.

Overall this is a good movie to past the time (if you have the time). As I say, get confortable seats. Its going to be a long ride.

I give this movie a 4/5 dingos

No comments: