18 February 2009

Game Review : Gears of War 2

Finally I can do this review. This game is Mega EPIC (pun the word). EPIC GAMES design a freaking cool game. This is the only game I know that we can go with a partner a blast all the horde (bad guys)

What I liked.

Graphics - Lets face it. Games can get that much better anymore. I think it CAN be better but right now we are enjoying what it has too offer. The graphic is bright and crisp. The details of the model is as real as it can get. The character models looks like they are on steroids. Nobody is that big in real life.

Gameplay - Flanking, covering, shooting with a team mate. that all good. This game provide a strategy of playing unlike any shooting game I've seen before. Its good playing this with a friend. Hardcore mode is always challenging. Weapons also play a big factor in this game. The mortar cannon, the lancer, and the hammer of dawn are some of the favorites of mind. The boss fights are epic. A fish that we have to go inside its mouth to kill it. A big giant worm that we have to cut of the heart. EPIC man... epic...

What I dont like.

Gameplay - Too short. Ok, it around 12 hours in hardcore mode. But I wish it was more. It was over to quick.

Story - It just too convoluted. Not confusing. Just it did'nt end like it should. there is still a couple of loose ends. Now lets hope Gears 3 will be better.

I give it a 5/5. A must play...

No comments: