25 July 2008

The Dark Knight

First of all let me say. Heath Ledger may you rest in peace. Know that you will be love for eternity. Now on with the review. This is the most anticipated movie of 2008. If I only have one movie to watch it will be this movie. I ask my wife to skip work just to see this movie and it was worth every penny (except... i'll get back to that later.

The Dark Knight. As you can see the title didn't say Batman (something... something...). Its not meant to be a story about Batman even though he is the main character of this movie. This movie goes beyond what its trying to explain. The depth of ones self. How far would a person go until he reach its breaking point. So the real hero of this movie is the citizen of Gotham.

Now let me talk about the Joker. The Joker is a character in itself. Being bad has never been so good. We share a couple of laugh even though we are not suppose to. The Joker symbolizes a person with out rules or boundaries. Heath Ledger was a class on its own. He manage to steal the spotlight more than Batman.

Batman? Nothing much has change. Except the suit. Finally he can turn his head around. Plus the gadgets. I got to love the thumbler. I was saw that the thumbler got permanently destroyed in this movie but out of the ashes rise the Batpod which is an even cooler gadget. A bike with 2 whopping wheels.

Everything was good in this movie. Starts like a rollercoaster ride. Has the right amount of pacing in my opnioin. Even though there too much talking and not much action . Overall its a good movie. I almost forgot about Harvey Dent. The true hero of this movie. Without him there wont be a story. Too bad he became two-face and just crazy. The makeup effects are just killer. How did they make his teeth shown.

The only thing that I am not satified is the quality of the pictuer. Face it, Malaysian cinema sucks. Maybe Im spoilt too much. I already experince High Definition. I want to see TDK it full 1080p. So I'll wait for the Blu ray disc to be realased. Hopefully by chirstmas. Build up more anticipation.

I give TDK a 6/5 batarangs/laughing gas (its beyond par)

No comments: