11 August 2009

Day 18

Finally I can blog in piece. Hi guys. We have finally settled at our 1 bedroom apartment. Not to shabby I might add. But lots of stuff happen during the course of the 18 days here. Let me see if I can blog it down to the highlights

Day 0

On the flight. Everything was great. My daughter as usual was have trouble adjusting to a 10 hour flight. Plus if I am not mistaken babies can hear a irritating pop in the ear. She was crying for 1 hour and thne she puked on me on the flight. And me without my spare jeans. What to do. Finally she got to sleep. Everyone was happy (they were giving us that look before when they know something is wrong). Landed at the airport all our bags were cleared. All 100kgs of it (in laws also tagged along on the trip).

Day 1-7

Auckland... the windy city (oh wait that Christchurch). Ah... Auckland the something city. We arrived at our 2 bedroom apartment. The first thing I notice about NZ is everything is bloody EXPENSIVE. But the lesson we learn once arriving is DO NOT Convert. If you convert of course everything is expensive. For example. A loaf of bread back home cost RM 3.00. Over here is 3.50 NZ Dollars. So that roughly around RM 9. When we are in Kiwiland do what the Kiwi's do. We got a helpfull guide, which is somewhat related to my wife (her cousin husbands sister; have no idea what that makes her to us). So she showed us around, get us settled in. When here and there and everywhere (more on that later; Im here for a while, I'll blog about it eventually). We are frantically looking for another place too stay since the current place is too expensive. Its around 460 NZD a week. And we can't afford it. So we finally found a place. Which is around 330NZD ( this doesnt include power and internet just water). So we will move next week. The funny thing that happen to me was I was walking from the grocery store and out of the sudden someone yelled my name. I turned around it was my old high school buddy that I haven't seen in 9 years. What a small world indeed. Well at least I know I have 1 friend over here.

Day 8-14

We finally move. The in laws decided to go on a tour across NZ. So we have to do everything ourselves. Don't quite mind it. The sad thing about the move is that someone stole one plastic bad which has our rice cooker in it. Like any asian a rice cooker is like our life. Everyone was sad (except me). Good thing we have a kind soul (was a phd student as well; family) lend us thier 2nd rice cooker until we can one back from home. All well. Almost everyday we went out. Lots of things to see. Don't worry I'll eventually blog about it... Daughter is getting restless, so we decided to put her in daycare. The daycare here are not like what we expect back home. The caretakers are professionals and have degree in child education (who knew there was such a degree) So eventually decided to do that since she need the exposure and eventually we both will be busy with our schdule. So better start now

Day 15- Now

Getting the hang of things now. Everything is smooth flowing I guess. There is more to come... So thanks guys for listening. Leave your comments on the thread.

3 comments:

easysb14sd said...

HEy bro ...hw r u man ...hws NZ's life ???....having a hard time i guess ....hws ur lil princess...adopting the new enviro???...sorry bro could nt make it to the airport ....

Sardine said...

pictures? ;p

ssbm_04 said...

Im fine. Tired a bit. The weather here is freaking windy. But im adapting. As for pictures, once I fidure out how to work this bluetooth on my lappy i can start uploading stuff